Monday 13 January 2014

happy

Hey guys, so recently (by this i mean quite a while) i have been feeling rather glum,  un-motivated to do anything. This happens to everyone at some point and can take form in many different ways. My general coping mechanism is to find little things that make me happy.

If you knew me in person, there wouldn't be a day that passed when i don't have a head phone in my ear. This may seem anti-social, but sometimes it does a great deal of good to shut the world out, for me its a therapeutic thing. I am definitely a music lover, from The XX to Eminem, i love it all. I find listening to music daily helps me relive a lot of stress. It can also help motivate, i always take my headphones to the gym, it keeps me motivated and to some extent, forces me to work harder. It takes me somewhere peaceful, like nothing else i have experienced.


'Surround yourself with others who make you feel happy and positive' a very close friend once told me this. There is no point surrounding yourself with people who inflict negativity onto you, however, it can be tricky to spot the people worth surrounding yourself with- this is just life, you just need to push forward, focus on being someone who makes you happy, rather than being with someone/people who make you happy. Once you have mastered focusing on yourself (friends&family) things should fall into place (or so i keep telling myself)


'There are many ways to express your emotions. Have you tried writing it down?'
I love to write, find any old piece of paper, or even a note book/journal. I could sit and write for hours, this is a very personal thing to do, it is great as it is your own blank canvas to put pen to paper. I always feel a lot more positive after writing, even if i have written down one thought.


I love to fill up my room with pictures or small ornaments that i can see everyday that make me happy, to remind me of moments i enjoyed, shared with people i love or that just lift my mood.



                                                                      thank you for reading. lots of love ems x

No comments:

Post a Comment